The Teensy is a breadboard-friendly development board with loads of features in a, well, teensy package. The Teensy 3.5 brings a 32 bit ARM Cortex microprocessor into the mix so you can do some serious number crunching.
The Teensy 3.5 comes pre-flashed with a bootloader so you can program it using the on-board USB connection: No external programmer needed! You can program for the Teensy in your favorite program editor using C or you can install the Teensyduino add-on for the Arduino IDE and write Arduino sketches for Teensy!
The processor on the Teensy also has access to the USB and can emulate any kind of USB device you need it to be, making it great for USB-MIDI and other HID projects. The 32 bit processor brings a few other features to the table as well, such as multiple channels of Direct Memory Access, several high-resolution ADCs and even an I2S digital audio interface! There are also 14 separate interval timers plus a delay timer! Oh yeah, and all pins have interrupt capability. Also, it can provide system voltage of 3.3V to other devices at up to 100mA.
- 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4 120 MHz CPU (M4 = DSP extensions)
- Microcontroller Chip MK64FX512VMD12
- 512K Flash Memory, 192K RAM, 4K EEPROM
- 21 High Resolution Analog Inputs (13 bits usable, 16 bit hardware)
- 62 Digital I/O Pins (42 breadboard friendly) (5V Tolerance on all pins)
- 20 PWM outputs
- 3 I2C ports.
- 11 Touch Sensing Inputs
- 1 CAN bus port
- 16 DMA channels
- USB High Speed (480 Mbit/sec)